Intern, Market Research, HuffPost (New York, NY)
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain and Italy.
The Huffington Post Research team seeks an exception, detail oriented and enthusiastic intern for the Spring Semester in our New York City Office.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Create compelling sales and marketing materials (PowerPoint) based on HuffPost data
• Mine extensive data reports (Excel) for points that showcase HuffPost's strength in the industry
• Administrative tasks pertaining to budget management and research vendor relations
• Assist in maintaining and updating HuffPost research materials on intranet resource library
• Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Research, General Managers, and Product Marketing Managers
Requirements for Success:
• Candidates should be fast learners with a strong work ethic who are extremely detail-oriented, professional, efficient, and able to meet deadlines without being reminded. We need a self-starter who is passionate about using data to tell compelling stories. What is absolutely required is serious dedication to detail and attention to deadlines -- all while juggling multiple tasks at once.
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or have graduated no earlier than Fall 2012
• Candidate MUST be skilled in operating Excel and other databases. Lookups/Pivot Tables are a must
• Candidate must exhibit exceptional attention to detail in every aspect, including powerpoint presentations
• Candidate must be able to work 20-40hrs/week in the New York City office
• Candidates must be passionate about the online news and media space
• Previous research internships or similar market research experience STRONGLY preferred
• Candidate can work the duration of the spring semester. Immediately available applicants will also be considered permitted they continue through the next semester
This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works. The position would mostly revolve around positioning HuffPost research for Sales and Marketing.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.