Ad Forecasting Operations Analyst
AOL Advertising has a unique opportunity for a smart, driven performer to be part of the core team managing operations for best-in-class content websites across categories such as Entertainment, News, and Lifestyle.
We are seeking an energetic contributor, with a strong record of performance, to manage forecasting operations and maintain accuracy of impression forecasts across AOL’s content sites, platforms and products. This is a crucial role as this candidate will ensure accuracy of the available impressions to be sold to clients, which is key to AOL’s revenue growth.
Understand the process flow from the initial forecast through to creation and pricing of ad inventory, through launch and delivery of campaigns
• Gain a thorough understanding of the Forecasting and Avails system, including the levers used to manage forecasts; develop strong working relationships with partner teams.
• Monitor forecasts daily and investigate placements with large variances; adjust forecasts to normalize if needed, and/or troubleshoot to identify potential issues.
• Provide business ownership for the forecasting system and partner with the Tech teams to improve forecasting accuracy, algorithms and system functionality.
• Understand forecasting assumptions and lead time required for the various types of forecasting requests, e.g. New Build, Up Front, Site redesign
• Manage manual overrides that are made to incorporate outside factors which the system cannot detect, including holiday adjustments and category-specific considerations
• Identify ways to more efficiently ensure accurate forecasts, reducing manual work
• Communicate with internal teams to explain forecasting assumptions and factors impacting forecasts, system updates that may affect forecasts and any major forecasting shifts that have occurred/ are planned, keeping in mind the needs and perspectives of each team.
• Troubleshoot issues related to campaign delivery that may be forecast-related.
• Assist in compiling data for analysis used in presentations and formal communications for post-mortem discussions.
• Provide training as needed and expertise on more complex/cross-channel initiatives.
• Remotely manage forecasting personnel in India to prioritize work and ensure deliverables are met.
Required skills and experience:
• Data analysis skills
• Ability to learn AOL’s specialized and complex tools
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly developed attention to detail
• Ability to operate under consistent pressure in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Consistent use of effective time-management and organization methods
• Ability to constantly adapt to change and use change as an opportunity
• Track record of exceptional performance
• Creative problem solving
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.