Editorial Intern, Tech, HuffPost (New York)
The Huffington Post is seeking a motivated editorial intern to join the HuffPost Tech team. The ideal candidate will be deeply interested in all aspects of consumer tech coverage, from smartphones and social media, to startups and the cutting edge, sci-fi-like devices that are changing our world. This full-time internship is an excellent opportunity for a technology journalist--or a tech geek with an interest in communicating tech ideas and innovation to the public--to learn about new media platforms and gain experience at The Huffington Post. The position would mostly revolve around content creation, and the intern would have an opportunity to pitch article ideas.
• Pitching, writing and copy editing original stories
• Suggesting stories for aggregation
• Managing social media accounts
• Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Tech editors and reporters
Requirements for Success:
• Candidates should be extremely web savvy, quick learners, detail-oriented, energetic, creative, efficient, good at self-directed follow through
• Strong editorial/writing/copy editorial experience and be avid consumers of online media
• Curiousity about the tech world and eagerness to learn and to take an active role in shaping HuffPostTech's presence online
• Dedication to detail
• Ability to come up with smart and fresh story ideas
• Swift and accurate writing and editing ability
• Passion for tech
• Attention to deadlines
• CMS experience required
• Familiarity with social media platforms required (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent (May 2012 or later) graduates. It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr.
About The Huffington Post- The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.