UI / UX Developer, Cambio
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
The AOL Services engineering team builds and supports the applications and services we use at AOL to deliver features like Mail, AIM, Access and Commerce across all platforms (mobile, desktop, and web). We build the tools, frameworks and services that let people safely and securely access content and applications online.
Seeking a highly experienced UX developer/producer with extensive experience in both desktop and mobile web development. This is a hybrid position for someone who truly understands the current trends in UI/UX with the ability to implement the front end UX within a CMS application.
This person will possess a strong understanding of effective user experiences in each application and will help lead the redesign of a teen entertainment based desktop/tablet/mobile experience. The candidate will be working closely on a day-to-day basis with the Head of Product development on implementing ongoing upgrades and customizations to constantly improve UV and PVs. This position will also collaborate with a variety of multi-disciplined cross-functional teams throughout the organization to drive online marketing programs for customer acquisition, retention and education/communication strategies.
We are looking for a very creative thinker who can help develop stunning interfaces to match today’s desktop and mobile standards. Candidate must have a strong knowledge of backend development and an online portfolio featuring work for desktop/tablet and mobile experiences. Experience in iPhone/Android app design is a major plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
• UI/UX development.
• Strategic planning of UI/UX.
• Create intuitive interfaces following the latest UI trends utilizing all available tools to augment the user experience.
• Maintain, improve, and update existing web site and applications.
• BA/BS in Communication, Computer Science, Design or other related field.
• 6 to 8+ years’ experience planning, designing and building complex web sites and applications.
• Expert experience in Photoshop.
• Expert experience in interactive design principles.
• Strong conceptual development, wire framing, layout and illustration skill.
• Experience working with complex/database driven CMS.
• Ability to work in a team environment to develop and implement design.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Immediate Higher.
• Salary based on experience and portfolio.
• Some travel.
• Location: Company has offices located in NYC, Dulles VA and Los Angeles. It is preferred that the candidate is located on the east coast.
About AOL: At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.