The Huffington Post's DC bureau is seeking an intern to work closely with the team dedicated to running the Politics vertical and social media accounts. Applicants should be hungry self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a political junkie with strong web skills to work closely with our team. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Working in a fast-paced environment with the team responsible for running the Politics page and social media operation
- Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
Requirements For Success:
- Insatiable appetite for political news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficient with social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from the feedback
This internship is located in our Washington, DC office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent (May 2012 or later) graduates. It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr.
About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.