Assoc Tech Support Engineer
The AOL Advertising.com Group is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. We have strategically combined the strengths of six premium brands including Advertising.com, Ad.com Sponsored Listings (ASL), ADTECH, The AOL ON Network and Pictela. Simply put, we offer publishers a one-stop shop for global advertising solutions to help increase yield through a rich and broad set of platforms, formats, and technologies.
How does the Group work together?
• We are the business for publishers and advertisers to:
o ADTECH – manage and optimize delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
o Advertising.com – monetize inventory and optimize campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
o ASL (Advertising.com Sponsored Listings) – complete text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
o AOL Premium Formats – drive engaging experiences and captive audiences with premium formats.
o AOL On Network – monetize your video content and seamlessly integrate premium video content to partner sites and create new video content using StudioNow
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and track technical issues, via a “trouble ticketing” solution.
- Provide support to internal and external customers to build product/platform knowledge and resolve issues.
- Follow standards for communications with business involving Operational issues.
- Own production operational issues for products by issuing initial response, data gathering, tracking, and resolution where possible as well as determining escalation protocol based on the nature of the issue.
- Handle system administrative duties for production and non-production systems, including:
- Account setup.
- Configure access of different elements in each system.
- Work with levels tier 2, and 3 teams to address defects.
- Be available to work in an 8 hour shift other than 9am to 5pm EST M-F.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to be on call 24x7 on a rotating basis.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees, along with working with external clients, or customers.
- Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external).
- Experience with programming languages and different operating systems desired.
- Applicant will be a self starter with a strong desire to grow both technically and in their knowledge of Advertising.com business.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical/Scientific discipline.
- 1 years experience in technical support, or relevant combination of education and experience.
About AOL: At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.