Software Development Engineer
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that’s in stealth-mode and tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Fluency in one or more of: Java, C, C++; and familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, PHP.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Master’s/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with designing and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Academic or industry experience with one of more of the following domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning or distributed systems.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.