Beauty Editor, Seventeen.com (1684)
Seventeen.com is seeking an online beauty & fashion editor who will be responsible for hair, beauty, fashion, health and fitness content creation, editing, production and programming across multiple areas of Seventeen.com.
The beauty editor’s daily duties may include the following:
- Conceive, write or assign/edit, and produce content to assigned areas of the site.
- Develop and manage the creation of editorial franchises and integrated programming, working with the Site Director and other web editors, as well as the print editors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for the assigned areas of the site, especially when related to timely and current coverage as well as content associated with special packages and sponsored site components and sections.
- Understand the site and organization goals as they relate to content produced and programming of responsible sections.
- Assist the Site Director with programming, particularly as it relates to content produced and programming of responsible sections.
- Partner with the photo and video editors and other site editors to obtain additional photos, video and other content when appropriate to the coverage and packaging of that content.
- Work with the design team on any graphic needs for features.
- Propose syndication content and related links for syndication partners.
- Track analytics on stories created.
- Promote stories on social networks.
- Establish and manage connections with beauty and fashion industry experts.
- 5+ years of editorial/online experience with at least 3 years working for a website.
- Strong relationships with beauty and fashion PR and a proven record of securing online, exclusive interviews/quotes.
- Experience working in a CMS and a solid understanding of SEO.
- Exceptional communication and research skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Basic knowledge of common Web production technologies, including HTML basics, Photoshop and social programming.