Let’s be honest – data isn’t what gets most of us out of bed in the morning. We’ll leave that to the dog, the alarm clock, Starbucks, or the treadmill.
But let’s be honest – data is what drives our business. There is no strategy without the numbers, no reporting without the deets. …which is where you come in.
We need a DSMM (Database Sales & Marketing Manager) here at Dow Jones to support our sales directors in getting & keeping clients on the Vertical Markets advertising front. Thinking this might be the gig for you?
- This job isn’t just about data. It’s also about working with people. And people don’t care how much you know unless they know how much you care. Do you know how to partner & collaborate with others? This isn’t a one man show.
- Take risks – creating test plans and segmenting lists is a key part of this role. If you like to go off the reservation and explore new approaches, keep reading.
- Convert! This role is about both improving marketing efforts and converting these efforts into more clients. We need a data / marketing evangelist. Passionate about this stuff? Continue.
- Be Creative! The ideal candidate needs an affinity for innovative design– if we find customers not completing orders, it’s on you to critically assess if design plays into it and create the best solution.
- We need you to be able to say stuff. And say it succinctly & clearly. Interpreting geeky data stuff so the hoi polloi can understand is key. Are you up for that challenge? A la prochaine….
- Specifically, you’ll develop & execute database marketing strategy for Vertical Markets advertising programs: Self-Service Advertising, Local Digital Display Advertising & Lead Generation. Know what these are? We’re on a roll.
Before you apply, run through this checklist to opt in / out:
- College degree + 5 years experience (3+ years in database marketing, we’d love it if it’s in B2B)
- You’re the guru on Omniture, Google Analytics, Salesforce and of course Word, Excel, and stuff like that
- Savoir faire on all things ad sales, managing a marketing budget, ROI reporting
This position is based in Irving, Texas near Dallas, where everything’s bigger and better. Including this opportunity with Dow Jones.
Who are we?
Dow Jones & Company explains the world and the world of business. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions.
We are newspapers, newswires, websites, apps, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences and more. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, SmartMoney and All Things D. The Dow Jones Local Media Group publishes community newspapers, websites and other products in six U.S. states.
Dow Jones is a News Corporation company.
If we, and the opportunity we are offering sound interesting to you, then apply now!
Dow Jones: Making Careers NewsWorthy www.dowjones.com/careers/joinourteam
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply