External Developer Support Manager
We are looking for a technical manager with experience managing software engineering support team or equivalent and have a track record of supporting third-party developers and internal teams to improve software development/business/customer service support-related processes and the technical support experience. A successful candidate will be an experienced technical manager who is willing to take on a challenging space, has a strong metrics focus, has strong customer focus and ability to lead multi-functional teams and loves a fast-paced environment. If you fit the profile we would love to talk to you.
Responsibilities include direct management of a team of 10+ support engineers, drive process and service improvements, monitor and improve day-to-day operational efficiency, planning, some project management for software within the team, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team, and management of resources across teams. The role also involves driving smaller scope development projects and building custom tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of software/systems engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing technical people. Experience in hiring, building, and supervising high performance teams.
- Deep knowledge of Mobile app development and Android.
- Experience in working effectively with third-party app developers.
- Some experience with networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing), web services (SOAP, XML), systems administration (Unix/linux), programming/scripting (Java or C++, Perl or shell scripting), understanding of monitoring and metrics.
- Strong metrics and operational excellence focus
- Hires and develops great people
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.