Sr. Product Manager
AOL Paid Services is creating a game changing new service for consumers. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to be responsible for the overall user experience and product strategy which delivers key features that drives consumer engagement, satisfaction, conversion and loyalty. This person will be responsible for the functional requirements, design, definition and full product lifecycle the platform, working with multiple technical developer groups and business owners. This role will provide broad scope and ownership in an entrepreneurial part of AOL, on a team that is developing a breakthrough new service.
You are passionate about web and mobile products and delivering consumer excitement, satisfaction, and loyalty. You are an out of the box thinker and are constantly innovating. You have a keen sense for consumer satisfaction and excitement. You should have experience envisioning, defining, planning, outlining, and spearheading the execution of winning consumer internet products. This role requires strong business judgment, understanding of current web trends and technologies, mastery of product management best practices, and a keen focus on consumers. You are someone with passion and obsession for building world-class web products and experiences, and who knows how to translate these qualities into winning Internet products and services.
In this role, you will do everything from brainstorming features to customer/competitor research to wire framing to developing specifications to working closely with developers. Given the varying types of people you will work with, whether technical or not, the ability to communicate effectively orally or written, in-person or remote.
- Drive requirements and roadmap for breakthrough new consumer product, including web, tablet and mobile expressions.
- Develop platform and UI/UX to deliver revenue, traffic, engagement and retention.
- Understand and analyze user needs.
- Research markets and competitors.
- Define product vision and roadmap.
- Working with design, development and engineer teams for product and feature releases.
- Define product vision and roadmap.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering required
- Technical background as coder and/or developer preferred, with HTML/CSS/JS experience a plus.
- At least 5 years of B2C product management experience with an online technology, advertising or mobile company.
- Strong passion for the commerce and games industry.
- Proven track record for product delivery, able to fit in well within an informal startup environment.
- Extensive experience with web analytics platforms and tools (Omniture, comScore, Google Analytics).
- Experience managing project specs and requirements, roadmaps and developer & designer work pipelines using an Agile methodology.
- Solid understanding of customer needs, business goals and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities.
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing consumer web and mobile products.
- Interest in working on problems that don't have an obvious solution.
- Entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize customer research, client feedback and internal recommendations into actionable product development plans.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts.
About AOL Paid Services
AOL Paid Services focuses on curating the best premium products and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient and exciting as possible. We create a solution that allows AOL consumers to gain access to the best premium products from the best brands. Whether through entertainment products like Music or Video, or products that make the consumers life simple and safe, AOL Paid Services is pivotal in driving excitement and value for consumers.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.