Programming Manager, AOL Style
About The Role:
AOL is looking for Content Programmers who have experience in the online space working with Style Products, Women’s Content. We are looking for passionate people who are inspired by these verticals, have experience in writing, curating and programming for audiences. They are passionate about the audience and strategize on ways to grow this audience. They look at data and strategize on editorial roadmaps based on events, news etc that this audience cares about. They curate videos and develop metadata that will help SEO of the site. Programming Manager’s work closely with Product Managers to map out the success of the business. They project manage ongoing products developed for the vertical and work with cross functional teams to make sure products are integrated and promoted seamlessly.
• Oversees the planning, development, quality standards, and creation of all programs, ensuring they are in perspective and running effectively.
• Develop article topics and editorial lineups, assign stories to freelancers—from concept to final product
• Works with video content and curating, editing, quality checking of these data types.
• Curate content and develop programming layout and plan
• Translate clients’ value proposition, tone and point of view into engaging editorial
• Help develop pitches and launch new products
• Is the subject matter expert and helps develop a strong point of view and identify a clear audience
• Effectively market stories so there is social engagement and an ongoing conversation with your audience
• Manage and grow network of freelance contributors
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Five years minimum work experience in journalism, a marketing agency or client-side editorial department
• Seasoned project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit articles
• Solid understanding of the Women and Lifestyle services industry and related topics such as Food, Style, Lifestyle, Wedding etc...
• Strong conceptual, strategic and verbal communication skills
• Custom publishing experience and knowledge in HTML or XML is a plus
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law