Social Media Editor, AOL Money & Finance
About AOL Services:
AOL Services focuses on curating the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We create an integrated experience that allows AOL consumers to feel like valued AOL Members, gaining access to the most useful content from some of the best brands, communication tools, and valuable services. Whether through communication products like AOL Mail and AIM, our mobile services, or our subscription packages, AOL Services is pivotal in driving traffic and user engagement across the AOL network.
Role: Social Media Editor, AOL Money & Finance
The social media editor will be the key person charged with increasing the Money & Finance group's social media presence and reach. The social media editor will set and maintain social strategy, be the go-to resource for the staff on social best practices, and make sure we get the maximum impact from our social media efforts.
• Own social media strategy across the Money & Finance group
• Establish and maintain our footprint on major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn
• Contribute to and monitor daily social media posting
• Stay abreast of social media best practices and be able to communicate those practices to staff
• Work with individual editors on the most effective ways to promote their stories through social media
• Identify and target key influencers on behalf of the Money & Finance brands
• Work with AOL and Huffington Post social media editors on cross-promotional activities and campaigns
• Work with content partners on cross-promotional efforts
• Monitor and report on social media metrics; be able to respond to those metrics with appropriate changes in strategy
• Familiarity and comfort with social media tools and metrics
• Ability to understand and work in content management systems
• Ability to stay organized and juggle multiple tasks with alacrity
• Superior communication skills
• Self-starter who can solve problems independently
• Analytical capabilities
• Flexibility and adaptability
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.