Communications Manager, HuffPost (New York)
About the Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, with L’Huffington Post Italia scheduled to launch this year.The Manager for Huffington Post Communications will be responsible for assisting in the conception and execution of media relations campaigns for the Huffington Post and the Huffington Post Streaming Network -- including communications strategy and tactics, online and off, long-term and rapid response.
- Experience developing and executing multi-platform communications strategies.
- Strong media contacts and versed in social media Experience pitching content and reporters to print, broadcast and online media.
- Work closely with senior level content executives on messaging, speaking opportunities, media requests, internal communications, and more.
- Focus on communicating overall AOL messaging that takes all of AOL’s offerings into account
- Passion for news is a must -- as are flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and manage both up and down the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3-6 years of public relations/corp comm/media experience
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
Understanding of the digital space; experience within media industry; passion for social media; experience working in highly matrixed organization; experience working with senior executives; strong media relationships; strong organizational skills; experience executing communications strategies; exceptional writing abilities; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and aggressive.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.