Software QA Engineer
The AOL Advertising.com Group is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. We have strategically combined the strengths of six premium brands including Advertising.com, Ad.com Sponsored Listings (ASL), ADTECH, The AOL ON Network and Pictela. Simply put, we offer publishers a one-stop shop for global advertising solutions to help increase yield through a rich and broad set of platforms, formats, and technologies.
How does the Group work together?
• We are the business for publishers and advertisers to:
o ADTECH – manage and optimize delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
o Advertising.com – monetize inventory and optimize campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
o ASL (Advertising.com Sponsored Listings) – complete text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
o AOL Premium Formats – drive engaging experiences and captive audiences with premium formats.
o AOL On Network – monetize your video content and seamlessly integrate premium video content to partner sites and create new video content using StudioNow
Duties and Responsibilities
- Thoroughly tests AOL Advertising technology products and applications.
- Owns tasks in test plan development and automation testing.
- Build automated testing framework.
- Participates in design and code reviews as appropriate.
- Identifies and documents bugs within assigned projects.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues with software and environment.
- Installs code into QA environment and maintains environment integrity.
- Works directly with development and system administrators in troubleshooting problems.
- Works with other teams on integration and end-to-end testing.
- Supports production code installs as appropriate.
- Completes nearly all tasks independently and as part of a team to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Conveys fundamental aspects of job through strong verbal and written communications.
- Solves complicated problems requiring some independent thinking.
- Understands team’s strategy and objectives
- Collaborates with global QA teams to perform job duties.
- Possesses working knowledge of Linux
- Solid experience and understanding of Web Services (XML, WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.).
- Experience with performing difficult DB queries.
- Manual UI testing experience with Web applications.
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat applications.
- Experience with various browser tools (HTTPWatch, HTTPFox, Charles, Tamper, etc).
- Solid experience with automation tools (Selenium, etc.).
- Solid experience with using open source Test Case Management tools (TestLink, etc.).
- Significant experience in working on multiple projects in parallel, dealing with a high profile and rapid turnaround pace, and being able to interpret company priorities into personal priorities are a must.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with Issue tracking systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Bachelors degree in a technical field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a testing environment.
About AOL: At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.