Senior SDM, Kindle Fire (SDK)
- Responsible for the overall development lifecycle for on device application platform
- Manages a team of leads, managers, and engineers to plan, design, and deliver complex, broad scale systems that span several departments or functions.
- Regularly proposes and sells new ideas, strategies, and processes in engineering; drives their implementation directly or through other managers - to a final product.
- Defines and enforces broad, company-wide technical standards.
- Establishes objective criteria to evaluate application quality
- Has a passion for the developer and strives to improve the developer experience.
- Manages complex projects with significant bottom-line impact.
- Initiates projects for a team or approves proposed projects from teams.
- Defines new group-wide business targets and supporting resource/budget needs.
- Justifies resource and budget needs to more senior managers and finance partners.
- Functional thought leader, sought after for key tech decisions. Can successfully sell ideas to an executive level decision maker.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years' experience managing people
- Solid Java development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience in defining and delivering developer platforms