Manager, Ad Sales Research
Role PurposeThe Manager of Sales Research is responsible for supporting Ad Sales in positioning Cloo and Chiller to the marketplace. The Manager will interface with internal clients (Sales, Marketing and Research among them) in order to deliver custom insights and analyses about both networks’ audiences. This position will have a dual reporting structure to the Director of USA/Cloo Sales Research & the Director of Syfy/Chiller Sales Research.
- The Cloo/Chiller Ad Sales Research Manager will be an idea-driven, self-starter who will handle all sales research for the two networks, using syndicated research tools to effectively position Cloo and Chiller in the marketplace.
- Manager will report trends in audience deliveries, analyze the composition of the audience, identify brand/category opportunities based on consumer behavior and product consumption, and use a variety of data sources to develop presentations that engage advertisers and their agencies.
- Manager will be the main point of contact for Cloo & Chiller sales and will not only respond to Marketing, Management and Account Executive requests, but will also take the lead on using research to effectively position both networks.
- Manager will provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to track programs/dayparts on Cloo & Chiller, as well as key competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Mathematics/Statistics, Psychology, Media or related field
- 4+ years at a media company (cable entertainment network preferred) where responsibilities included ratings analyses and sales positioning
- Expertise in Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, TV Toolbox, and MRI/Simmons
- Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data with client needs in mind, write clearly, and translate research into insights
- Team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner and flourish in a dual-reporting role
- Passion for television and other media
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States