The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the daily operations of a high profile Newsweek Daily Beast Executive. The Executive Assistant must anticipate the needs of the Executive and facilitate the smooth operation of the office.
Key characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Ability to work in a high profile and fast paced environment. Ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Flawless organizational skills
- Ultimate proactive nature
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- High energy and willing to go the extra mile to solve any issue
- Provide all administrative and personal support to Senior Level Executive. Prioritize and delegate to meet strict deadlines on all projects.
- Oversee and manage complex arrangements of travel and other accommodations, including comprehensive and detailed itineraries.
- Responsible for a system of follow-up on all outstanding internal and external scheduling and miscellaneous issues.
- Act as a liaison for all internal departments to facilitate completion of tasks related to the Executives office.
- Handle heavy volume of incoming and outgoing calls, email, and mail.
- Be versed in dealing and interacting with high caliber executives and representatives from different industries.
- Maintain accurate databases electronically to include address books, files, and Rolodex contacts.
- Occasionally work on special projects and special events including screenings, luncheons, business and personal dinners, Holiday arrangements and Executive parties, etc.
- Manage the workflow of the office and prioritize pending issues.
- Handle all expense reporting for Executive.
- Troubleshoot immediate IT concerns.
- Must be available 24/7 to respond to Executive’s needs. Flexibility for after-hours tasks, as well as weekend flexibility as needed. Availability to travel.
- A professional demeanor and dress code are expected.
- Strict and continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Must possess interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated poise, tact, judgment, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Have a fail-safe method of follow up for all items.
Apply Here Apply Online