Senior Manager, Social Media
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The global marketing team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones brand globally. We support the businesses by delivering beautiful marketing campaigns that delight customers, win prospects, and strengthen the core brand. The marketing team acts as a full-service in-house agency and will work on various projects across the product portfolio-The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, WSJDN, Factiva, Risk & Compliance, Newswires. Our mission is to help meet business goals by being creative, innovate, incredibly nimble and hyper efficient.
Ideas. Innovation. Creativity.
This position is responsible for developing and executing social media strategies and engagement tactics across multiple channels. As a central part of the global marketing team, you will be responsible for helping grow the brand through social media, and establishing relationships and seeding content through social networks. A strong understanding of social media and community trends/ technology is a must, as is a keen understanding of the intersection of digital, social and traditional marketing. This role is ideal for someone who can pair knowledge and passion for social media channel programs with a creative vision.
- Develop social media strategies and integrated marketing campaigns that align with and support the core business goals.
- Implement and maintain comprehensive social media strategies that will increase brand visibility and traffic across all social platforms, this includes content development, community engagement and management
- Understand target audiences for each of our products, know their behavior and create interesting solutions that reach and convert behaviors
- Day-to-day management on Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, Tumblr, Google + and other platforms where we have presence
- Identify and secure social media influencer partnerships
- Develop community programs and social media promotional calendar that builds awareness and engagement; you'll also help create assets and supporting materials to execute programs
- Cultivate smart, strategic partnerships that support content and marketing objectives
- Leverage consumer insights into acquisition and retention of customers
- Create social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (strategy, editorial, customer support, sales, training, public relations, etc) to ensure consistent messaging
- Work closely with other marketing managers to develop social media plans and creative social campaigns as part of overall product campaigns
- Educate internal teams on key findings and industry trends and apply them towards integrated marketing campaigns
- Assist in the development of metrics to evaluate effectiveness of programs
The department's success will be measured against the growth of the global brand. Your success will be measured by how creative and innovative your ideas are, and how well they deliver against product and business goals.
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and an understanding of how to apply them in a manner that is fitting to the DJ brand and business goals.
- Must be on top of new social media trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social and mobile platforms.
- Strong knowledge of social media analysis tools (i.e., Radian6, Google Analytics, etc)
- Strong project management, team leadership and decision-making skills.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experience with media planning. Agency experience a plus.
- Experience working with interactive, creative and media agencies.
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply