Senior Marketing and Publicity Role
We seek a creative thinker and master communicator to oversee the effective presentation of our books to our sales force, the media, and consumers.This key staff member will
- plan and execute marketing and publicity campaigns for about 20 frontlist titles annually;
- design a marketing strategy for our growing e-book list;
- identify marketing opportunities for our key backlist titles; and
- supervise the work of a marketing and publicity assistant, outside contractors, and interns.
- a knowledge of the book publishing cycle and the full array of marketing and publicity techniques that can draw attention to a new book;
- a knowledge of new and traditional media, and strong media contacts;
- a knowledge of the blogosphere and social media;
- a knowledge of art history and the art world;
- the ability to write copy that compels attention and inspires action;
- experience in building and maintaining mailing lists, and in reaching out to interest groups; and
- experience in planning author tours, book launches, or similar events.