Web Content Manager
WEB CONTENT MANAGER - Arlington, VA
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, the Web Content Manager will be responsible for:
- Copywriting, publishing general website content, selecting/creating/posting branding imagery in collaboration with the Art Director, and responding to internal/external inquires; and ensuring accuracy, timeliness, consistent messaging and branding, and adherence to ASPPA quality and general web standards;
- Managing the CMS, internal and external communications with constituents, site analysis and research, usability assessment and testing, as well as consulting on Web statistics tracking, etc.;
- Creating, updating, and/or performing Quality Assurance (QA) for website and intranet content on a predetermined schedule and as directed;
- Developing internal documentation for site and CMS features (style and content guide), with a customer-service focus, and working with ASPPA staff about online best practices, targeting content for optimal usability, and information architecture guidelines; and
- In partnership with Marketing and CMS developer, developing a www.ASPPA.org style and content guide.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Talented copywriter who has a flair for good web design;
- Microsoft Internet Information Server knowledge and Macromedia Flash editing skills a plus;
- Ability to learn and work with other emerging Internet technologies;
- Strong working knowledge of Internet related applications and usability testing experience;
- A good working knowledge of the interactive production process, including graphics and optimization, web page production and programming;
- Customer service oriented individual and dedicated team player with the ability to understand and communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- A high-integrity team player with energy and enthusiasm, and a high tolerance for change; and
- Excellent communication skills, with a keen sense of humor, and an interest in continuous improvement of self and the organization.
- 2 - 4 years writing and managing online content, communications programs, and marketing efforts;
- Core skills should be in the areas of copywriting, content publishing, communication, organization, technical understanding/application, design principles and usability, as well as problem solving;
- Work experience must include successes as a copywriter.
- Four year degree preferably related to Computer Science and IT, and/or equivalent experience.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, non-profit company with a great working environment, while ready to advance further into your career, rush a cover letter, your resume (written in Word format), portfolio, and salary history to the MediaBistro address, as indicated. No phone or 3rd-party inquiries, please. We look forward to hearing from you!