About our company
Springer Science+Business Media is one of the most prestigious international scientific publishers of books, journals, and electronic media today, with subsidiaries and representatives all over the world. Our publications range from medicine to all fields of life sciences, and from mathematics to engineering. Wherever scientific research is carried out, highly qualified experts count themselves among Springer's authors, including a large number of Nobel prize winners. Around 5,000 people are employed by the Springer Group worldwide.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours Your tasks
The Senior eRetail Sales Manager strategically manages all sales related activities for the eRetail of our content through third parties to individuals and content aggregators. Sets, monitors and achieves all revenue targets. Works closely with all internal departments (marketing, editorial, data delivery) to ensure goals are achieved. Works globally to ensure consistency across all related Springer offices and executes the following duties:
- Manages activities to achieve sales budget for eRetail of content, through third parties, to individuals and content aggregators
- Develop and implement all strategies related to eRetail sales and third party licensing
- Work closely with all internal departments to achieve goals, marketing, editorial, data delivery
- Work globally as appropriate to ensure similar sales strategies across global markets and Springer offices
- Co-manage junior Sales staff
- Other duties as required
- Masters Degree in Business or Publishing-related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years sales/licensing or vendor management experience and/or eRetail sales experience
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written)
- Convincing negotiator with a history of sales success
- Ability to cooperate with internal and external sales staff at multiple levels, and work independently as appropriate
- Well-organized, pro-active, and able to multi-task
Please apply using our online application system.
Visit our web site at www.springer.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Springer Science+Business Media, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.