Communications / Projects Administrator
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (no longer than 5 pages) when applying for this position.
Founded in 1852, Tufts University is one of the premier universities in the United States. Tufts enjoys a global reputation for academic excellence and for preparing students as leaders in a wide range of professions. Anthony Monaco became the thirteenth President of Tufts University on September 1, 2012.
The President’s Office is home to the university’s chief executive officer. Constituents include all university faculty, staff and students, as well as alumni, trustees, overseers, community members, donors, parents, other higher education colleagues, government officials, media representatives, and the public at-large. The office oversees management of the university, is engaged in fundraising, public and government relations (among other duties), and all aspects of the operation of the university. The office also is involved in special events at the university, strategic and capital planning, trustee relations, and communications.
The Communications/Project Administrator performs an integral role in the communications, outreach initiatives, and project administration of the President's Office. Responsibilities of this position include writing, editing, and distributing a broad range of business communications and professional correspondence including e-mail announcements, messages to the Tufts community, and summaries of current projects; reviewing and updating the content on the President’s Office website; and monitoring correspondence on sensitive and high profile issues and ensuring that follow-up communication has taken place in a timely and efficient manner. In addition, this position will support the work of various councils and committees led by the President and Chief of Staff, schedule and coordinate project meetings and assist in developing meeting agendas; attend high-level meetings in place of Chief of Staff as needed, and provide detailed briefings and/or meeting minutes afterwards. As an integral member of the President’s Office, the Communications/Project Administrator will also provide general office support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using HTML and web editing software.
- Knowledge of content management systems, social media, wikis and blogs.
- Superb oral and written communications skills. Strong proofreading, copy editing, and grammatical skills. Excellent listening skills and the ability to take notes quickly and create thorough and accurate minutes.
- Demonstrated ability to write a variety of business communications and professional correspondence. Ability to synthesize a broad range of information from multiple sources into clear and cohesive documents. Strong research skills and the ability to independently seek out, compile, and verify necessary information.
- Ability to effectively interact with executive leadership. Ability to develop meeting agendas, attend high-level meetings, create meeting minutes, and deliver detailed briefings to others.
- Superb organization, time management, and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently prioritize tasks, and maintain strict attention to details under pressure from multiple competing deadlines. Must possess a high level of customer service with excellent follow-up skills.
- High level of maturity, professionalism, and a strong sense of responsibility and accountability. Superior judgment, discretion, and the ability to handle complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive university information and demonstrate sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous work experience in higher education or non-profit administration.
- Project management experience and knowledge of project management software tools.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position will include some evenings and weekends as the President's commitments require. In addition, must be available to work Commencement weekend or other special events as needed.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply HereApply Online