About our company
Springer Science+Business Media is one of the most prestigious international scientific publishers of books, journals, and electronic media today, with subsidiaries and representatives all over the world. Our publications range from medicine to all fields of life sciences, and from mathematics to engineering. Wherever scientific research is carried out, highly qualified experts count themselves among Springer's authors, including a large number of Nobel prize winners. More than 7,000 people are employed by the Springer Group worldwide.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours Your tasks
- Pipeline Management: Work with internal acquiring editors to ensure pipeline is growing. Produce pipeline reports. Oversee reviewer incentive programs. Requires initiative and independent judgment.
- Proactively manage frequent communications with Editorial Boards to keep the Boards engaged in journal activities.
- Special Issue activities: Track special issues for journal portfolio. Oversee guest editor orientation. Coordinate between Editorial Manager (JEO) and Production: issue naming; moving papers out of special issues; ensure proper publication sequence, other technical details. Requires initiative and independent judgement.
- Manage day-to-day functioning of journal program, in particular coordination and oversight of schedules and communications; ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop and implement process improvements (e.g., overhaul and maintain external correspondence system using Editorial Manager).
- Manage special projects such as testing and evaluating reminder systems.
- Coordinate strategy across journal program, using insights gained from specific journal clusters.
- Under supervision of editor, fulfilling author/editor needs, preparing a "before, during and after" relationship with the author.
- Exhibits attendance.
- May supervise editorial assistant(s) in manuscript preparation and general office routines.
- Performs related duties as required.
- College background required; Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in related editorial capacity
- Must be well-organized and attentive-to-detail
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Please apply using our online application system.
Visit our web site at www.springer.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Springer Science+Business Media, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.