Coord - Communications, Outreach, and Marketing
The Office of Residence Life is currently seeking a Coordinator, Communications, Outreach, and Marketing to join its team of professionals. The successful incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the official communications within the department including mass mailings, mass e-mails, newsletters, phone responses, printed materials, videos, social media, and departmental website. Developing and recommending marketing and communication strategies. Working closely with Student Affairs and University Communication and Marketing Groups to enhance brand identity and standards. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and coordinates the overall marketing for the Department of Housing and Residential Life. Provides direction for marketing activities and implements marketing plans. Conducts market research and assessment in an effort to evaluate housing related services and develop effective marketing strategies.
• Coordinates the development and printing of publications within the Department of Housing and Residential Life. Assists with the design and enhancement of the department's web-site.
• Coordinates the activities regarding orientation presentations and showcase events. Works directly with the Office of Orientation and Commuter Student Services.
• Coordinates marketing and communication efforts targeting prospective and new students including serving as liaison with the Office of Admissions and Orientation. Coordinates housing tour program and assists student staff in providing marketing and communication assistance to the residents and the FIU community.
• Attends events for prospective students and makes presentations regarding on-campus housing.
• Assists with departmental projects and committees and completes special assignments related to the Department's vision, goals, and objectives.
• Assists with the development of a marketing campaign for returning housing resident fall/spring sign-up process.
• Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain websites is required.
• Marketing and communication experience, assessment experience and Housing & Residential Life experience.
• Experience in researching and writing for publications; experience with writing for the web; experience marketing and communicating to a collegiate and pre-college audience; experience assisting effective social media campaigns; degree work in journalism or communications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume office.
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, marketing, public relations, technical writing, digital media or a related field, with two years of experience in related positions; or a Master's degree in the fields listed above.
• The ideal candidates should have experience in photography and familiar with Macintosh computer. Experience with Adobe design suites (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) being the primary programs a plus.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000, commensurate with experience.
For more information or to apply, please visit us at Jobsearch.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID# 504269.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply HereApply Online