Research Director - Nielsen Entertainment
Nielsen’s Entertainment business is looking for Research Director to support our research offerings for clients in the music and entertainment industry. Nielsen’s tracking of music sales data is used by all major record companies, distribution companies and retailers and helps drive informed decisions within the industry.
The Research Director will support major retailers in driving insights around purchasing behavior. The Director will take the lead at “weaving” data, related facts and information, not only sourced from Nielsen, but also from clients, into a composite story that helps clients make better informed decisions about their business.
- Identify and pursue the various options that lead to the development of a potential final narrative that yields specific (data-supported) answers for specific (client) questions.
- Craft and refine a narrative in an engaging and action based fashion designed to clearly communicate specific (data-supported) answers for specific (client) questions.
- Unearth relationships within databases leading to meaningful understanding to emphasize decision making insights for end-user clients.
- Create and present stories with intelligent illustrations/graphs/tables yielding credible support to those (internal or external) clients needing quantitative confirmation of business hypotheses. Stories may leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to best support analytic insight
- This position will require a flexible, results-oriented, analyst comfortable with composing draft versions of final client deliverables, including PowerPoint decks, focusing on the identification of actionable, decision-making information .
- Synthesize client analytic project requests, especially those from disparate sectors and translate them into concise internal analytic plans. Such plans require a thorough understanding of both Nielsen data and syndicated software systems.
- Data mining of any ancillary supplied data or analysis; and relating client questions to appropriate Nielsen data for the purpose of creating required project deliverables.
? Bachelor’s degree, Masters Degree a plus
? 7+ years experience in an analytical role, very hands-on
? Management & leadership experience preferred
? Experience in custom survey research, specifically survey writing, design and analysis
? Experience in the Home Entertainment sector
? Strong interpersonal skills required
? Excellent project management skills
? Strong reporting writing skills (analysis and recommendations)
? Effective organizational skills providing the ability to multi-task
? Close attention to detail
? Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)