Senior Manager, Custom Research
Nielsen offers a position in its Telecom Custom Research Group. This is a strategic and international role where a successful candidate plays an active role in growing the custom research practice.
In this role you would lead and manage custom research projects and facilitate the relationship with our clients. Nielsen’s custom research group offers solutions that our clients use to make go-to-market, brand and positioning decisions. You would also play an important internal role ensuring quality and facilitating communication s across internal stakeholders. Additionally, you would play an important role in scoping out custom research solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Our clients are leaders in their field and include players such as Apple, Motorola, Verizon, Comcast, Google among others.
To be successful in the role, the following skills will be critical:
• Client leadership: You will develop strong working relationship with clients; inspire their confidence, and interact to help them translate their business issues to research solutions that will give them an edge in the market.
• Business development: You will actively support growing business with our key and strategic accounts.
• Project management: You will be responsible for managing custom research projects.
• Team leadership: You will work in a fast-paced environment with a team consisting of analysts, programmers, data processing team and client account representatives.
• Love for data and insight generation: We live and die with the depth of insight we deliver. Data quality is a must. You know how to work SPSS, excel, PPT and other data applications critical when turning data to insights.
Skills• Strong client consultative and analytical skills. Able to design the appropriate solution that addresses their business issues. Recognizes data implications and ties them together to create a cohesive and consistent story.
• Strong background in custom research. Experienced with customer satisfaction program, product development, brand, segmentation and other typical custom research projects and methods.
• Exhibit a love for business development – prior experience is helpful, but not a requirement
• Excellent oral/written communication, organizational, project management and customer service skills
• Quality driven – strong attention to detail and ability to identify errors in a timely manner
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively within team and across teams in a global environment
• Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience in quantitative marketing research or a related field (prefer market research agency or client side consumer insights/market research team).
• Proficiency in office/productivity tools such as SPSS, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please click here to apply