Software Development Engineer
Cloud Player allows Amazon customers to stream music to platforms ranging from mobile, to Kindle, to home entertainment systems, to automobiles.
The Cloud Player Algorithms Team is in the early stages of building a new set of algorithms to power new features in Cloud Player, including innovative music features on the Kindle Fire. It's a great opportunity to be a part of the design and implementation of an exciting new initiative.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to Amazon Music. Duties include research, design, and implementation of new software algorithms, testing their best ideas against millions of passionate music fans, and being a key part of delivering a great new service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 8+ years experience
- Professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#
- 8-10+ years of experience building production software
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)