The Wall Street Journal custom content team is looking for a highly talented & motivated art director to help lead & inspire our team in the development of cross-platform custom media for internal & external clients. Individual will help drive the creative process from concept thru various rounds of revisions to final execution, ensuring the highest level of quality and design thinking at all levels, and will demonstrate a refined sense of composition, type & color, as well as motion, interaction & user experience.
- Responsible for the visual development of highly engaging custom content within programs across print, Web, app & video channels
- Ability to work fluently from a brief, along with a project manager and editor, to generate excellent creative ideas to present back to internal &/ external clients
- Commissioning talent such as illustrators, photographers, etc. to create custom works for projects
- Ability to multi-task across projects efficiently and work within assigned budgets
- Creating & editing final results for presentation to the client / printer / producer
- Minimum of five years of design experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work seamlessly with editorial and production staff, as well as clients & vendors and for the production of high-quality visual presentations for new business / pitch work
- An outstanding portfolio and a dynamic personality
- Fluent knowledge of Adobe InDesign, DPS, K4 workflows, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Fluent understanding of HTML and the capabilities of mobile-web browsers
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply