Manager, Sales Marketing
At Pandora we have a single mission: To play only the music you'll love. (Okay, we've added comedy as well – so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love). To do this, it takes lots and lots of smart, self-motivated, and passionate people. Our teams are innovating in everything we do — from our playlists, to our ad services, to making Pandora available everywhere. All of that is in the service of building the best product we can, so that you can simply enjoy the music. The Manager, Sales Marketing is a key member of the Sales Marketing team at Pandora - a growing company thriving in the mobile, radio and digital space. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a sales organization in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate has a keen knack for extracting compelling stories from multiple data sources, as well as possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that calls 150 million+ users our customers. As a service organization to a sales organization that has doubled revenue each of the past few years, this contributor must wield excellent multi-tasking skills; yet possess an intelligent strategic lens.The primary function of this role is to stay on top of all of our research resources to shape B2B stories inclusive of ad product presentations, case studies, white papers, and updating stats on core sales tools. Responsibilities:
- Create strategically sound and “street smart” sales tools for new ad products. Recommend the right sales tools (presentations, one-sheets, videos, etc.) to equip the sales force with tools that articulate the Pandora value proposition effectively, succinctly and with high impact.
- Identify thought leadership stories and opportunities based on key data insights. Project manage, write and direct layout of white papers and case studies that will solidify Pandora’s leadership position in the marketplace.
- Work closely with Sr. Director, Sales Marketing to develop agenda and presentations for a monthly sales insights meeting.
- Assist with B2B events: manage contract with event partners; create briefing books for executives; ensure sales tools and collateral are created and delivered in a timely manner; and maintain list of all pertinent industry events Pandora should be aware of based on business goals.Assist the MarCom team with various project management tasks including managing the team’s project pipeline and calendar to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Update sales materials with new metrics and research as needed (usually monthly). Display high service level standards with internal teams, sales field offices and leadership as well as external partners
- We are a fast-growing company, so be ready to pitch in wherever needed.
- 5+ years experience as a marketer in a digital media or broadcast radio/television environment. B2B or sales marketing experience preferred.
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills as this position is required to develop original written content and the demonstrated ability to present in high profile group environments.
- Must have strong diplomatic and intrapersonal skills to foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the company while making good, timely decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant knowledge of the digital and/or broadcast advertising industry with a growing professional network of media, marketing and brand advertising professionals
- Well-versed in media industry reporting providers like MobiLens, ComScore, Nielsen, etc. Prefer candidate with hands-on experience using such tools.
- Strong project management skills to ensure multiple projects with varying timelines, needs, inputs and budgets are completed successfully.
- BS required in Business, Marketing, Economics, Psychology or Sociology related undergrad degree.
- Travel to sales field offices as well as industry/client events required