Art Director, Epicurious
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast.
Art Director, Digital
Conde Nast seeks an Art Director/Senior Designer, Digital for a full-time staff position.
The Art Director will play a key role in the design, development and support of best-in-class products and services for brand websites and other key Conde Nast digital properties.
The Art Director will be tasked with crafting creative strategies and innovative solutions to meet audience development and revenue goals in addition to translating these concepts into tangible deliverables. S/he will work collaboratively across editorial, technology, research and business teams to define and synthesize project requirements and assist in product roadmap and design resource planning.
Along with keen multi-tasking skills, the ideal candidate must maintain a critical eye for design details while managing perspective on the broader scope of a project’s scope and direction. The position requires keeping up-to-date on emerging platforms and technologies, as well as design and interaction trends and best practices.
- Define and develop user experience requirements and manage internal design reviews
- Design layouts for consumer-facing brand digital experiences
- Oversee brand guidelines and maintain design quality for all initiatives
- Manage design project schedules and deliverables
- Work effectively with product, project management and technology leads
- An exceptional portfolio of work showcasing social, mobile and web application solutions
- 5+ years UX and visual design experience designing for large-scale, CMS controlled sites
- Exceptional typography and solid background in grid layouts and responsive design
- Fluency analyzing audience metrics, research surveys, focus group and usability testing
- A passion for clean, accessible and functional design
- A collaborative, diplomatic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe CS software
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and JQuery
Conde Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply