Manager, Software Development
We are looking for the right engineering leader who will lead the launch of the next generation of applications on Vendor Central. Leading a focused engineering team, you will be responsible for enabling vendors to add millions of products, receive purchase orders, process invoices and manage shipments. You will be responsible for creating a superior experience for tens of thousands of Amazon vendors.
The ideal candidate will have highly relevant experience in building scalable, web-based applications that meet rigorous standards for usability, security and scalability. Prior experience in building retail business applications is a plus. This is a highly visible role with broad impact on Amazon's worldwide retail business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience with object oriented design and object oriented languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions