Software Development Engineer
A successful candidate should be a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on challenging initiatives, capable of working both independently and with others as a team, follow through to deliver results, analyze results, and feed the learning gained into fine tuning the systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in a software design and/or development role.
- Proficient in either C/C++ and/or Java, preferably on a Linux platform
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, relational databases, map/reduce solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred.
Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer.