Research Account Director
Nielsen Entertainment, a division of The Nielsen Company, has been working with entertainment distributors, retailers and rentailers for 15 years. Our clients and partners include major studios, video game publishers, music distributors, book publishers, as well as major retailers, indie distributors, financial services firms, research firms and entertainment trade associations. Nielsen Entertainment’s primary services include retail point-of-sale (POS) measurement, consumer panel services, and consumer segmentation and profiling.
This position will work within the Home Entertainment unit and be responsible for a major studio client account. Responsibilities include managing Nielsen data services and ongoing client deliverables, ad hoc / custom analytics to support key strategic and tactical initiatives, developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, driving client value, and thought leadership. This position will work directly with the client on-site.
- Build and maintain ongoing business partner relationship with client
- Manage ongoing industry reporting and client deliverables
- Conduct analyses and provide actionable insights to address client business issues
- Lead training sessions and address questions from client associates
- Consult with clients to identify Nielsen assets that best address their strategic initiatives
- Make high impact presentations to influence client actions.
- Develop and demonstrate entertainment industry expertise
- Increase penetration of current services and Identify opportunities for new partnership opportunities
- Support analytics for ad hoc projects and new business initiatives utilizing Nielsen data
Skills• BS/BA degree, MBA a plus
• 3-5 years experience with Home Entertainment and/or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industries preferred
• Experience with retail point-of-sale and consumer panel data analysis; ability to deliver actionable insights; demonstrate practical understanding and application of various research methods/tools
• Client focus - experience in managing and developing client relationships
• Strong organizational skills / ability to multi-task
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to write proposals and make presentations
• Very strong Microsoft Office skills- Excel, PowerPoint, Access; Experience with SQL Server a plus
• Experience with Nielsen Buy tools a plusPlease click here to apply