Assistant Communications Manager
The Communications Assistant Manager serves as writer, editor, advisor, and production supervisor for internal and external communications initiatives across a variety of media.
The Communications Assistant Manager collaborates closely with colleagues on the web/digital, marketing strategy and creative services teams to implement communications initiatives. This position also builds and maintains relationships with key content generators across the organization in order to identify important news and clinical/research innovations appropriate for dissemination.
The Communications Assistant Manager coordinates content creation and production of a number of news vehicles to inform and engage internal and external audiences and support strategic reputation-building goals, including: the organizations bi-weekly print/digital internal publication; the intranet; and the e-screen information system across campuses.
- Develops editorial recommendations, reports, writes, edits and coordinates production/distribution for bi-weekly internal news vehicle
- Develops content for internal and external print and interactive communications, including brochures, newsletters, Internet/intranet, e-screens; translates content across media; enforces editorial standards
- Works with the communications team to project-manage a variety of print and interactive communications that are part of larger strategic initiatives
- Serves as part of "Communications Review" team that reviews all written content developed in Marketing and Communications Department
- Builds, manages and continuously reviews/improves work processes
- Writes/edits speeches, talking points and presentations as needed
- Maintains editorial calendar and continues to develop the editorial calendar as an important tool to ensure content alignment with organizational goals, priorities and messages
- Participates in the development and implementation of Montefiores short- and long-term social media strategy
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Takes initiative
- Strong editorial sensibility in terms of content and design
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing production/project schedules
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable building and maintaining relationships throughout the organization (across functional areas and management/staff levels)
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively within teams, on multiple projects with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive matters
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of graphic design/multimedia programs, social media best practices, and basic HTML is a plus
- Bachelors degree (BA/BS) or equivalent