Software Engineer - Backend
About the jobWe have very interesting technical challenges to solve, some numbers from our live systems are: 5 million SQL + NoSQL queries per minute, more than 10.000 http requests per second and a read/write balance close to 50/50.Our environment is informal and flexible, each game is made in a small multidisciplinary team with typically 2 to 3 back-end developers. We have a strict no nonsense policy, we believe in good test coverage and we have the freedom to decide how to develop, host, deploy and operate our systems. Currently we are using Ruby, Erlang, Redis and AWS for our back-end projects. We are constantly looking for new tools and exploring new technologies.Who we are looking forWe are looking for someone with a strong engineering background who enjoys building high quality products used by millions. Ideally you have a good product sense, an understanding of the web ecosystem, strong personal initiative and the ability to prioritize. You can multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of systems engineering, scalability, and algorithms
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience implementing APIs, preferably REST a plus
- Knowledge of server management (deployment, monitoring, optimizing, etc.) a plus
- Experience implementing browser based multi-player games a plus
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Be able to bring your own ideas into projects
- Realize projects that will be played by millions of players
- Work at a fast growing company that operates in a very dynamic environment
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision making processes
- Fast-paced, international and dynamic environment
- Life in Berlin!