Development and Programming Executive
The ideal candidate knows drama and comedy writers, has current, development and production experience and wants to work with writers and artists to develop original series.
- Supervise series production on greenlit series
- Interface with marketing and publicity teams to promote series
- Assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches
- Work with writers and artists to develop series ideas
- Staff, cast and produce pilots in a cost-efficient way
Amazon Studios, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies, is an equal opportunity employer. This job will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in television at an executive level, including successful scripted series development.
- Experience in current programming overseeing multiple concurrent on-air series.
- Animation and live-action experience
- Experience working at either in comedy and drama or at a premium television network
- An interest in the future of communications
- Broad network of writers, producers and artists
- Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment
- An interest in plays, novels and foreign television formats
- Excellent communication skills