Sr Business Intelligence Engineer
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer owns the critical role of turning operational data into business insights and directions. -partner with the business team to lead the transformation of the company's business across both global operational management and new product development. Use your strong SQL skills to assemble the disparate data you need and your analytical smarts to make sense of the results.-Have a deep understanding of data tools and schemas, and an ability to translate business questions into reliable, repeatable queries. Responsibilities:
- Own the operational metrics for the various Product Ad businesses and countries with high standards for the accuracy and timeliness of reports. Establish periodic baseline metric audits to ensure older metrics are still proper representations of the underlying businesses.
- Provide drill-down insight into Key Performance Indicators (KPI), identify key contributors to trends and help business owners understand the linkage between the two.
- Partner with Product Managers to forecast the impact and relative rank of different features and projects on key goals (revenue, operations, seller success, overall Amazon impact). Track the results post-launch to confirm and calibrate the initial estimations.
- Take the lead in ad-hoc data analysis to validate business assumptions or to get to the root cause of pressing business escalations. Be effective at reaching data-driven decisions while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Participate in strategic planning processes and annual operating plan forecasts.
- Evaluate and implement new methods and tools to publish and maintain metrics decks. Simplify the addition of new metrics. Explore data visualization tools for non-tech business users.
- Be connected and influential within the Amazon analyst community. Work with engineering and the data warehouse to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.