| || |
Pepperdine University - West Los Angeles Graduate Campus
Marketing and Communications Specialist (00021602)
The marketing and communications specialist provides support to Pepperdine’s Graziadio School of Business and Management marketing and communications department with an emphasis on impeccable editorial, proofreading, copywriting, and project management duties as well as competency in developing and maintaining web-based content.
- Proofread, edit and craft public-facing communications as assigned, including content for the Graziadio School website, blogs, event postings, e-mail communications and collateral marketing materials.
- Write, design, and publish content involving copy, imagery and digital media for web with proficiency in the use of the OmniUpdate content management system (CMS), WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and other resources as assigned.
- Coordinates in a project management role with Graziadio School staff to develop, write and deliver content for web-based publications and social media outlets
- Manage the school’s public-facing event calendar and manage event posting requests from internal staff.
- Maintains an effective presence on social media including posting content to blogs, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus and other social outlets as assigned.
- Work with technology staff as needed on projects involving programming and web development.
- Monitor trends involving content marketing, blogging, social media, web design, and business school education.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience working in an editorial, copywriting and storytelling capacity for both web and print
- Extensive expertise as an editor using both Chicago Manual of Style and AP Style.
- Experience publishing content to the web using a content management system, such as but not limited to OmniUpdate and WordPress
- Knowledge of content marketing strategy using social platforms such as but not limited to blogs, opt-in email, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Basic knowledge of HMTL
- Ability to write in different “voices” depending on context and platform
- Understanding of web design and aesthetics
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or compatible image editing software
A minimum of two years marketing, public relations or in-house agency experience with a focus on storytelling, blogging, copy for websites, collateral material development, newsletters, press releases, and scripts for multimedia. Experience working under extremely short deadlines and with a team of people. Experience with daily posting of professional information on a variety of social networks.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs.pepperdine.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=151502
Founded on the core values of integrity, stewardship, courage, and compassion, Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management has been developing values-centered leaders and advancing responsible business practice since 1969. Student-focused, experience-driven, and globally-oriented, the Graziadio School offers fully accredited MBA, master of science, and bachelor’s completion business programs. More information found at http://bschool.pepperdine.edu.