The position of Graphic Designer will assist the Art Director in the design, layout and related production processes needed to produce quality and timely publications for multiple magazines, and related show directories and dailies, as well as other related graphic design projects for the respective brands, including print and electronic marketing and media.
- Attends weekly/monthly planning meetings as requested.
- Interacts daily with other editors to review projects, discuss layout/design options.
- Interacts daily or periodically with ad production dept. and marketing dept. as indicated to assure timely, quality products.
- Produces design solutions, layouts and special graphic features for magazine?cover to back page?as well as other graphic projects, including, but not limited to directories, ads, brochures, inserts, logos, charts and graphs, invitations, promotional materials, etc. Photography and video editing experience a plus.
- Helps with the electronic drop of materials for all publication projects by specified deadlines, with all phases according to the published drop schedule.
- Helps maintain electronic records and files for history: CD archive, etc.
- Assists editors with PowerPoint presentations, reports and special assignments/projects as requested.
- Bachelors degree in graphic arts or visual communications. BFA degree or equal.
- One to three years full-time working experience in graphics field?involving related projects including magazine experience. Experience in print production: four-color press; desktop publishing/page layout.
- Requires intermediate computer skills for Mac platform: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator CS6.
- Requires basic level or better of computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Basic to intermediate photography and video skills.
- Understanding of and ability to execute standards of good design: layout, composition, color usage, type usage, style sheets, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective, supportive team member.
- Maintain accuracy (low error rate) and superior quality, while meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of pre-press and digital processes needed to execute projects.
- Brand awareness as it applies to print and online products.