Associate Director, PR
Fairchild Fashion Media is the leading source of fashion news and analysis for industry leaders and the global fashion community. Our brands deliver the most immediate, credible and comprehensive coverage from the most trusted voices in fashion journalism. Our properties have a multi-media footprint including digital (Style.com, WWD.com, NowManifest.com), print (WWD, Style.com/print, Footwear News, Beauty Inc, M), and a conference division (Fairchild Summits). FFM fuels the business decisions of industry executives and satisfies the passions of the truly fashion-obsessed worldwide.
Associate Director, Public Relations
Advertising, Fairchild Fashion Media
Fairchild Fashion Media seeks an Associate Director, Public Relations for a full-time staff position.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Associate Director/PR will be responsible for establishing a press strategy to promote content, marketing initiatives/events, and editors/executives for all FFM brands and the company at large. High visibility position with daily senior-level editorial/executive contact and collaboration.
- Secure coverage on editorial and business achievements for each brand
- Work directly with executives, senior staff, editors and publishers on coverage/speaking opportunities
- Produce written materials, including press releases, statements, briefing material for the editors, publishers and executives, pitch letters for media
- Cultivate extensive relationships with industry producers/reporters and maintain contact lists of these producers
- Forge relationships with important figures in media landscape
- Ideate on initiatives/partnerships that will secure coverage
- Responsible for overseeing PR Assistant
- Highly creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A minimum of 6+ years direct experience with strong relationships in fashion/media
- Record of developing and executing successful media strategies
- Experience interacting with senior executives/editors/publishers, generating results with business and consumer press
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and think creatively
- Excellent written and oral skills
Conde Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply