Special Projects Coordinator
We seek a bright, motivated self-starter with 3+ years’ experience to provide basic art and production support for the development of digital and print books in our Book Production and Design department. Specific duties include managing digital files, assisting with transmittal of materials to outside vendors, working in Adobe InDesign and Quark files, and handling various department-related tasks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands-on work with digital files before and after conversion (InDesign files) to various eBook content formats (reflowable, fixed format, et al).
• Keep abreast of the eBook distribution industry – Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and Google, as well as the devices and formats each channel supports.
• Package entire books in InDesign/Quark to send for multi-format conversion.
• Unarchive materials for "eSelects" (mini books).
• Proof, communicate errors, and reproof all digital frontlist titles, in all formats, received from vendors.
• Work in InDesign to modify covers, copyright pages, & layout for all eBooks and reprints.
• Create ongoing schedules and status reports for all digital products.
• Build book cover templates in InDesign.
• Assemble design packages and create freelance contracts.
• Check interior design templates against spec list prior to handoff to layout.
• Check Quark-to-InDesign template conversions for accuracy.
• Act as liaison between department management and outside freelancers, in-house prepress and manufacturing groups, editorial staff, and marketing and sales groups, by communicating relevant information in a timely manner.
• Prepare for design reviews by scheduling meetings, downloading materials from CDs and FTP site, setting up files on server, and printing materials for reviews.
• Loop and traffic covers in Wordpress.
• Communicate status of book designs with marketing.
• Order cover proofs from color center for design and promotional use.
• Supply book covers for TRoom display.
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in digital and print production and coordination
• Well-developed communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Three years' experience working in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Familiarity with both Macintosh and PC platforms
• Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
SkillsSee Job DescriptionPlease click here to apply