National Advertising Sales Director, Epicurious and Ziplist
National Advertising Director, Epicurious and Ziplist
Conde Nast seeks a National Advertising Director for a full-time staff position.
Epicurious is a digital food brand that offers a wealth of content on all aspects of food and entertaining, including original content from its own editors and recipes from leading food authorities. The site features 30,000 professionally tested and created recipes from celebrity chefs, premier food journalism brands and renowned cookbook authors, as well as 200,000 member-submitted recipes. Epicurious reaches more than 20 million cross-platform users each month across their website, app, and social media channels. Epicurious is published by Conde Nast, home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands.
ZipList, Inc. is the technology leader in universal online and mobile shopping lists and recipe boxes. The robust technology ZipList provides is simple: digital and mobile users can populate their universal recipe box and shopping list with recipes from anywhere on the web, including food sites, e-cookbooks, and blogs. They can also save recipes to their universal recipe box using texts and QR codes, or via their mobile device. Combining this robust functionality with the high-quality content available on Epicurious and other Conde Nast food brands, enables consumers to have a one-stop digital recipe and shopping list network offering tremendous ease and flexibility.
We are seeking a proven leader and change-agent in media and shopper marketing who can bring Epicurious and ZipList to top customers. The National Advertising Director is responsible for bringing our game changing advertising product to market and driving innovation in the space. To be based in Chicago, this individual would manage a national sales team comprised of sales people, rep firms and consultants.
Included, but are not limited to helping to:
- developing sales plans and strategy
- generating new client business
- creating client proposals and presentations
- partnering with marketing, sales support and ad operations to create and execute on
custom advertising programs
- meeting and surpassing sales quotas by finding creative ways to bring in new business
and nurture existing client relationships.
- managing a group of sales executives
The ideal candidate possesses
- Proven managerial experience leading high performance sales teams and managing a team to
exceed revenue goals.
- 7-10 yrs of combined digital advertising sales and shopper market expertise
- Deep contacts in the CPG category and shopper marketing venue.
- Ability to produce quick, effective results
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation techniques
- Ability to travel to clients in all regions
Characteristics that will make this individual thrive in this environment:
- Sense of duty. Responsible and reliable.
- Fixated on achieving goals and continuously measure their performance in comparison to their
- Strong sense of curiosity and hunger for knowledge and information leading to a high level of
- Action-oriented and unafraid to call high in all accounts or courageously cold call new prospects
when a salesperson can’t break through.
- Team player – can partner successfully and leverage resources effectively for most productive
outcome. Ability to roll-up sleeves.
Conde Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply