Senior Specialist, Digital Content and Social Media
The Senior Specialist, Digital Content and Social Media oversees and contributes recurrent content to support and grow Montefiores digital assets, including various Web sites and social media platforms.
The Senior Specialist, Digital Content and Social Media must be: 1) An experienced project manager with superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines; 2) a highly skilled wordsmith with a passion for crafting high-level, search engine optimization-focused digital content designed to inform and engage; 3) Familiar with making strategic use of social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Yammer, Twitter, Forums and Blogs; and 4) focused on relationship-building, teamwork and collaboration as a natural means to get the work done.
Under the direction of the Manager, Digital Content and Social Media, the Senior Specialist, Digital Content and Social Media Specialist will:
- Translate complex language and ideas into useful and visually appealing digital, audience-focused formats (including social media, blogs, special landing pages, and web content).
- Contribute to the implementation of the organizations social media strategy, including the socialization of online content (print and multimedia) and make recommendations for the effective use of existing and future platforms.
- Build and maintain our social media channels by writing, editing and creating high-level, quality print and multi-media content crafted with for keyword optimization, engagement, brand standards and search engine optimization.
- Write, edit and create digital high-level, quality print and multi-media content for our Web sites crafted with for keyword optimization, engagement, brand standards and search engine optimization.
- Review and edit content authored by departmental contacts and outside contributors for the Web and social media platforms.
- Cross-promote and repurpose content to related site sections, site homepage, interior pages, and social media.
- Participate in, mediate, monitor and respond to online conversations and user generated content surrounding the Montefiore brand.
- Schedule, organize and issue reports on multiple projects by creating and update weekly and monthly reports and content calendars.
- Develop and maintain synergistic relationships with marketing managers and in-house stakeholders to generate content ideas and respond to requests for assistance on various digital initiatives.
- Conduct research and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for the digital media campaigns.
- Carry out and manage campaigns, coordinated with all facets of the organization.
- Leverage social media management and Web-based analytics tools (including, but not limited to Sysomos, HootSuite,Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.) to determine effectiveness of content approach and act on needed improvements.
- Participate in communication meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with specialization in communications, journalism, interactive communications or related field strongly preferred. Specializations in health care a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to identify, investigate and execute opportunities for content development.
- Thorough knowledge of standard principles of writing (usage, grammar, and syntax).
- Some work experience in digital content marketing/development and community management.
- Working knowledge of web-based communications and various social media platforms.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Ability to take digital photographs and to post them on web and social media.
- Proven project management skills for planning, organizing, managing time, and setting priorities.
- Discretion needed to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content.
- Focus on maintain high productivity amid competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Content Management Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborator/team player.
Please email resume to Desiree Williams at email@example.com