Digital Asset Manager
Digital Asset Manager
Job ID: JAL20131305-63035
The College Board, a national education organization, is conducting a search for a Digital Asset Manager to join the Marketing Services department. This position is resident at our New York City headquarters.
The Digital Asset Manager will be responsible for maintaining the digital asset library, managing the associated workflow processes, and ensuring adherence to the College Board’s photography guidelines . The Digital Asset Manager will also manage the quality of images used in publications and marketing collateral, and be responsible for photo research and enhancement/editing of images.
• Maintain and update the digital image library; archive images; establish and maintain a database that is user-friendly and includes a search function that enables all users to quickly and easily find appropriate images
• Process and track all digital image requests from MAPS and external vendors
• Review, categorize and archive all images from photo shoots; analyze digital files for quality and content, and ensure that usage guidelines and terms are properly adhered to
• Catalogue and store all relevant photo release forms; partner with Legal to ensure forms include appropriate usage rights, etc.
• Establish/maintain guidelines and standards for all external photographers; develop contact database; draft and maintain relevant contracts [e.g. outline required deliverables, specify file formats, and schedules for photographers to follow].
• Locate and hire local photographers for College Board events, as needed; work with Creative Director and other College Board staff to coordinate details.
• Ensure all images are high quality and print-and-web-ready [e.g. cropping, color correcting and sizing, cropping and researching].
• Negotiate and purchase licensing terms for all stock images; partner with Legal to evaluate usage issues, etc., as necessary
• Support the design/desktop team and assist with projects as needed.
• Collaborate across print and digital functions to ensure digital/web photography needs are documented and addressed. Support photography needs for Tier 1 project work (e.g. launch of new web sites).
• Work with external design agencies to ensure photography requirements are upheld as specified in College Board branding and style guidelines.
-Bachelor’s degree required, with an emphasis in art, photography or design. Should have a strong background in visual arts
-Minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience
-Experience in the image market [e.g. stock photo agency, commercial photography, publishing, etc.]
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
• Knowledge of printing requirements and publishing industry both print and digital; must understand standards to prepare artwork for press
• Thorough understanding of image manipulation and application of techniques
• Thorough knowledge of digital assessment management
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Digital Asset Management software
• Experience with internet applications [Web, FTP and various image formats]
• Knowledge of collaboration tools that allow for image sharing
• Ability to generate and successfully apply visual ideas
• Computer literacy – Macintosh and PC platforms
• Background in art purchasing a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the organization at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organization skills
• Detail oriented
-Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the organization at all levels
-Background in art purchasing a plus
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers. Please search for the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Digital, Publishing/Publications, Marketing
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 4-5
Apply HereApply Online