Director Outbound Marketing
Over $500 billion dollars is spent globally each year on brand advertising, and the number continues to grow. Marketers, however, are facing increasing pressure to justify their spending, clearly demonstrating the return produced from the marketing investment, in whatever medium. Given the majority of brand advertising dollars are spent on television, online, and increasingly in mobile, marketers are in need of technology solutions that allow them to both optimize and measure their campaigns in these media in real-time, ensuring they maximize the return on every dollar spent.
Nielsen’s advertising effectiveness practice provides the first real-time, enterprise technology platform that allows advertisers and their partners in the media ecosystem to collaborate around measuring and optimizing the reach and resonance of television, online, and mobile advertising campaigns. We are looking for a demand generation guru who brings hands-on, outbound marketing expertise in both traditional and new (ie: web 2.0) B2B models for building our solution brands and the sales pipeline. Tired of marketing widgets? This is the position for you, as there is nothing better than marketing to marketers. This individual will work directly with the SVP of Marketing to create our outbound marketing strategy and plan, and then take ownership for its execution and results. This is a high profile position – Director or VP level - and a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys hands on implementation and execution of their strategy.
• Lead all aspects of demand generation for Nielsen’s advertising effectiveness solutions
• Own and deliver the marketing-generated pipeline number required to support sales targets
• Develop and manage strategies for lead nurturing, customer acquisition, and retention
• Develop and implement both traditional (ie: email, direct mail, web seminar, online advertising, etc.) and new (ie: blogging, influencer marketing) marketing programs to drive pipeline growth
• Build and ensure the ongoing integrity, relevance, and segmentation of our marketing database
• Manage all aspects of our website to continually improve conversion
• Feed our corporate public relations team with content needed to create press coverage and drive pipeline growth
• Evaluate ROI of marketing tactics, campaigns and channels, manage expenses to a budget.
• Work closely with product marketing and inside sales to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts.
• Manage a marketing production manager and other internal and external resources needed to support our plan.
• Coordinate our efforts with Nielsen’s corporate marketing team to maximize our efficiency.
• BA/BS degree
• 7+ year’s previous marketing program management experience in a B2B environment
• 2+ years with major B2B technology brands, preferably those targeting television and digital media. Relevant companies include Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, Comscore, etc.
• 2+ years small company / start-up experience – we are a start-up inside a larger organization
• Demonstrated capacity for developing and executing on multi-tactic customer acquisition and lead nurturing programs that drive results..
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including both marketing copy and analytical writing (writing samples required).
• Strong analytical skills – understands the importance of measurement and reporting.
• Understanding of digital marketing, including the search, internet and online advertising market.
• Experience managing marketing budgets and demonstrating ROI.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Marketing Automation tools (Marketo, Eloqua, etc.) highly desirable.
• Knowledge of the interactive advertising ecosystem is a plus.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Strong media industry network
• Strong understanding of the brand advertising ecosystem
• Managerial experience