Sports Research Analyst
Imagine working closely with all of the biggest sports properties including the NBA, MLB, NFL, NASCAR to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across a multitude of devices and screens. Because of our products/services, the Nielsen Sports Group is uniquely positioned to work with all of the marquee sports properties and to provide them with insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making.
We are looking to add a Research Analyst to the team. The Research Analyst will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to providing these sports entities with valuable information.
? Create in-depth research analyses though hands-on exploration of complex syndicated database; decide on the correct analytic approach(es).
? Oversee preparation and review of reports that analyze syndicated as well as custom survey data; decide the best way to present the data.
? Initiate discussion / raise questions when elements of the data are inconsistent with prior findings or expectations.
- Broad Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of Nielsen reports, software, methodologies, and computations; media industry experience
- Strong Written and Verbal Skills: the Analyst will be responsible for compiling analysis results and at times discussing/presenting to the client
- Time Management - this fast-paced position will require you to manage your time to ensure you complete projects in a timely fashion and at the same time set realistic expectations for delivery
- Team work - ability to be organized and work as a team as well as work with and support colleagues and senior management to develop analysis plans that meet the objective - answering questions quickly and appropriately
- Strong logic skills - ability to turn numbers into stories our clients can understand and respond to; ability to interpret data essential
- Strong Computer skills - need to fully develop understanding of our products and what they deliver, as well as simply display the output
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years’ experience in Market or Media research
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Very strong quantitative, data tabulation, analytic thinking and data mining skills
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Close attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop skills
- Day-to-day client facing experience a plusPlease click here to apply