Ad Services Bureau Associate
The Advertising Services Bureau continuously works to provide the highest level of service and uphold the standards of Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal. The Ad Services Team are the “go to” people working closely with sales, agencies and internal teams maintaining and administering company policies and guidelines. They must set forth a solid foundation of the most up-to-date and precise information within our organization both domestically and internationally.
The Advertising Services Bureau Associate position is based in the main offices in New York with occasional travel to the South Brunswick offices in New Jersey. The associate is a liaison between sales, clients, agencies, editorial and operations. The bureau provides solutions, suggestions and production services to sales, agencies, and suppliers.
• Assist with clarification and addressing any questions or concerns while in the planning stages for sales and clients. Work alongside layouts, scheduling, operations and customer service to provide position and strategy solutions to meet the customer needs.
• Uphold the policies and professional standards of The Wall Street Journal. Provide open communication with the Editorial Department to ensure quality.
• Provide knowledge of the paper’s layout and guidelines for booking advertisements. Offer reasonable solutions and alternatives to satisfy client needs.
• Maintain an open line of communication amongst sales, suppliers, agencies, editorial and operations.
• Deliver the latest printing and software specifications and information to assist our clients on achieving best reproduction for our products. Produce and review advertisement proofs with clients.
• Be proactive and in the forefront in detecting file problems or issues with production. Offer our knowledge and suggest how advertisements may improve while insuring proper specifications are met. Provide assistance in file composing and exporting.
• Work in a fast paced team environment and provide support as needed to colleagues.
• Track materials and orders, monitoring accounts of a special nature, size or schedule.
• Maintain an accurate and updated database of customer accounts, agencies, and their vendors for contact information for the tracking of material.
• Monitor advertising schedules and coordinate with other ad services departments. Inform other departments of any scheduling conflicts, reproduction issues, special positioning, launches and exceptions made to policy.
• Work with others on special projects/assignments and produce reports as required.
• When assigned to magazine work, engage with the news and ad production operations and contract print suppliers using the various schedules, procedures, workflows designed for the different publications. Maintain open communications. Magazine work includes production aspects of layout and a high degree of coordination with ad sales and the print suppliers.
• Ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
• All other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• High school diploma minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Enfocus Pitstop a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• 1 year prior work experience in the print industry preferred
• Experience working with print ready files a plus.
• Experience within fast paced work environments and ability to multi-task
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work under pressure and on deadline
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply