Corbis is a creative resource for advertising, marketing and media professionals, providing a comprehensive selection of photography, illustration, footage, typefaces and rights clearance services. Through its branded web sites Corbis Images, Veer, Corbis Entertainment, Splash, Greenlight and Corbis Motion, the company helps the creative community make distinctive advertising and publishing for the Internet, magazines, newspapers, books, television and films. Corbis has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia that serve more than 50 countries.
Who We Are
At Corbis we value innovation, creativity, teamwork and accountability. We have a results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative culture. Corbis employees receive a generous benefits package, and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry. We recognize and reward outstanding performance, and we encourage growth through our ongoing learning and development programs.
We need a big ideas person who can also edit copy for pesky details like grammar and speling errors. Saw that? Good. Keep reading! You must be a strong writer and be steeped in popular (and even unpopular) culture. With any luck, you’re already interested in photography, illustration, type and social media. If not, be prepared to get very interested.
What’s cool about writing for Corbis? Our target audience is creatives. People like you and the art director sitting next to you. Our aim is to create unexpected, I-wish-I’d-thought-of-that marketing pieces that engage, inspire, and sell to our discerning, sophisticated audience. You’ll be working across all brands, including Corbis Images, Corbis Motion, GreenLight Rights, GreenLight Music, Corbis Entertainment, and Veer.
- * 70% of the time spent creating new copy, 30% maintaining and editing existing copy
- * Copy must be in the brand voice and consistent with the brief, customer expectations, and brand positioning
- * Know each brand style guide by heart
- * Collaborate with designers, developers, and vendors to provide creative solutions for all types of projects, including direct mail, print ads, email campaigns, and website updates across all brands
- * Stay highly organized and be able to solve problems with little to no supervision
- * Assit in conceptualizing and creating projects
- * At least 5 years' copywriting experience in an agency, marketing, or editorial setting
- * Experience working with style guides and copy editing
- * A solid portfolio of B2B and B2C creative work, both traditional and digital
- * Flexible, professional, and open-minded team player accustomed to fast-paced enfironments
- * Rock-solid time management and prioritization skills