Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations via newspapers, Web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for over 100 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones VentureSource, and DJX. Its information services publish in 13 languages and distribute content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices, Internet-connected televisions, and tablets.
Sales Associates partner on integrated programs as well as, sell display, high impact and standalone online advertising. This position supports the Account Executives (AEs) to prepare proposals, lead generation, facilitate front-end account maintenance throughout the campaign and sell to clients within the assigned territory to achieve quarterly revenue goals. The Sales Associate will be exposed to selling high impact online and print campaigns but there will be a heavier emphasis on digital.
• Draft proposals and RFP for presentations to clients; arrange client meetings and follow-ups
• Generate and qualify a list of leads consisting of Tier 1 and Tier 2 decision makers within the assigned territory through research, trade references, and cold calls
• Outbound telemarketing, prospecting, and selling to targets determined by AE and Director
• Communicate and follow up with client and internal departments regarding live campaigns to address any concerns
• Review monthly Revenue Sheet to ensure all placements have properly delivered per the IO and revenue has been appropriately recognized. Alert Finance of any issues to be resolved
• Acquire proper internal and client approvals to process documents for optimizations, revisions, makegoods, cancellations and renewals
• Research user data and audience metrics via research tools such as AdRelevance, @Plan, Digimine, Hoovers, etc. for preparing proposals as needed
• Emersion into the print industry events and functions representing The Wall Street Journal
• This position reports to the Director
• 2+ years’ experience in advertising sales support is required
• Significant digital experience
• Articulate and intelligent, with highly developed presentation skills
• Candidates must possess initiative, be detail oriented, and able to work independently and within a team environment
• Organized and focused on priorities that move the sales process forward
• Creative thinker who can match marketer's goals with the unique, affluent audiences available through our media properties
• College degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply